Securing, Building, and Defending Your Competitive Advantage
Our team at Torrey Pines Law Group understands that helping our clients *achieve their business goals* is the ultimate form of success. At the beginning of every representation, our attorneys, paralegals, scientists, and engineers strive to clearly understand the business goals of each client, and then work in a cost-efficient manner to help our clients meet their goals.
We have exceptional experience with drafting and negotiating agreements, and specifically *closing* business transactions, including investment funding, commercial, corporate, and myriad other contractual matters that affect your bottom line.
Below are just a few of the client successes achieved with the help of Torrey Pines Law Group attorneys:
- Drafted and negotiated technology license agreements with counterparts in China, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Europe, Canada, Mexico, and Brazil, among other nations and jurisdictions.
- Helped company founders with identifying and obtaining private and non-dilutive government funding for biotech, pharmaceutical, and medical device startups.
- Led team of IP, corporate, and tax attorneys in nine-figure acquisition of pharmaceutical manufacturer for Fortune 500® company.
- Created legal strategy for Fortune 500® generic pharmaceutical manufacturer to avoid significant liabilities under license of API procurement process.
- Conducted pharmaceutical product clearance and due diligence for Fortune 500® ANDA applicant.
Intellectual Property Successes
- Prepared and prosecuted cutting-edge patents throughout the world related to biotechnology, pharmaceutical, medical device, artificial intelligence, convergence technologies, physical and materials sciences, electronics, software, and agriculture biotechnology.
- Helped extend the patent term of an Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API) through complex pharmaceutical lifecycle management strategies.
- Filed international trademark applications related to biotechnology, pharmaceutical, medical device, and other innovative company branding.
- Obtained patents on several "Orange Book listable" technologies to extend the patent term and FDA exclusivity of a small molecule pharmaceutical.
- Secured several exclusive license agreements of both small and large molecule candidates, including sub-licenses for international manufacturing.
- Protected trade secrets and know-how through licenses and other forms of value-created and securitized transactions.
- Assisted with the preparation of Investigational New Drug and New Drug Applications in the US, China and Japan.
- Assisted with the clearance of medical devices under both de novo 510(k) and Pre-Market Authorization regulatory pathways.
- Identified Orange Book listable innovations and protected the same with patent application submissions.
- Helped identify reimbursement stragegies and CPT code procurement.
- Identified Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategies (REMS) before the US FDA.
All of these successes were accomplished by working hand-in-hand with our clients with the ultimate goal of Securing, Building, and Defending their Competitive Advantage.